The Hard Facts
Many families can't afford the high costs of youth sports. Without physical activity, our children’s physical and social health declines – one and three kids are overweight by age 13
- There are no more free pick-up games – youth sports cost big money, from hundreds of dollars into the thousands. Far too many kids are being left out and are sitting idle.
- Kids who don’t participate in sports are three times more likely to drop out of school, become pregnant, use alcohol and drugs, or break the law. Sports make a better future.
The Kids Play Mission
Make sports affordable and available to all children through the following initiatives:
- Increase public awareness of the problem with the high cost of youth sports
- Work with youth sports leagues and teams to lower costs for underserved kids
- Help communities develop and organize affordable youth sport programs
- Sponsor “free” teams to play in pay-to-play youth leagues
- Provide financial assistance and safe equipment to underserved kids
Kids Play USA was founded by Darryl Hill, who integrated college sports, and is guided by a Blue Ribbon board of directors who profoundly believe that sports belong to all our children.